Saturday, February 27, 2021

Hei Kuu by Michael Jacobson is now available as an ebook at Amazon!

 

My book Hei Kuu is now available as an ebook on Amazon's Kindle, for $5.00.

After a short wait I decided to create an ebook out of my senryu poetry collection Hei Kuu, which was released by Post-Asemic Press last October 2020.

The book collects my personal mythology and is mostly true with a few flourishes and embellishments to keep things poetically interesting. It is my first, but hopefully not last book of verbal poetry.

I tried to stick to the classic 5-7-5 syllable pattern like in traditional haiku/senryu and for an OuLiPo like constraint and challenge, but I wasn't entirely successful. About 10 of the 409 poems didn't quite fit into that pattern, but an attempt was made. 

Click here for more info about Hei Kuu, and here is the link to the ebook at Amazon's Kindle.

Here are some sample poems from Hei Kuu:

9.

 

Schizo-affective

Drunks drown comic skull nitro

Gladiator steins

 

10.

 

YinYang argue thick

Conflict in black and white zeal

Nailed post sexual


11.

 

Vanished like cement

Sima seminal sea mint

Surly Anchors dropped

  

12.

 

The tone will not stop

Telepathic bugging rot

I drink beer why not

  

13.

 

Sad poetry lump

Quasi moon scribe lunatic

Literate love dump

 

14.

 

Animal reflex

Satan red teenrage Porsche

Volcano permits

 

15.

 

Minneapoets

Ignited beer brains crush poems

Mania scripture

 

16.

 

Space module Virgin

Venereal star Bowie

Lost space invaders