Sunday, April 10, 2022

Michael Jacobson has 3 books out now! Check out his latest book Somnolent Game!


 

I officially have 3 paperback books out! My latest book Somnolent Game was released earlier this week from Post-Asemic Press. But with print on demand technology my older titles will stay in print as long as the Internet exists. So my backlist titles Hei Kuu and Works & Interviews are still available to purchase at online bookstores.  

Somnolent Game is a book about desire, the desire to leave a bad situation for something better, even if it means facing death, even if you are Death. It is a book that was influenced by stream-of-conscious writing and surrealism. It's a fast paced prose poetry novella that goes on a psychological adventure through the mind of Itallica Loghost. A character who just wants one good night of sleep.

Hei Kuu is my personal mythology and was my first collection of purely verbal senryu/haiku minimalist  poetry. I wrote the book drunk and edited it sober as Hemingway suggested. The book is rich with language even though the poems are short. It was released in 2020 and is autobiographical to the point of satire, drama, and tragedy. 

Works & Interviews is where I got my start with so many writing endeavors. It's a book that travels from asemic calligraphy to my many thoughts on asemic writing. This is a book that I am hoping will become a classic someday, and climb out of its underground status. Most of everything in the book is available for free online, but W&I collects everything together in one book, and presents it offline as a document of my existence. 

Here is my personal author blog: https://michaeljacobsonauthor.blogspot.com