Wednesday, November 15, 2023

ouou ouou aieae by Bård Torgersen is out now from Post-Asemic Press via Bandcamp!

Today Post-Asemic Press is excited to release a new sound poetry album titled ouou ouou aieae by Norwegian poet Bård Torgersen. Here he is explaining his work:

 

"Got tired of reading poetry live, so I made my computer read my texts into an old dictaphone. And when I played back these recordings, it could read faster than me, or slower, with an analogue grainy voice. A burden was taken off my shoulders. I liked to hear the small machine read. The album is all based on the dictaphone recordings. I added some harsh windy textures. And some recordings of things I was throwing around and which then fell apart. I got inspired by a Korean singer I saw in a documentary, communicating with a river. His voice melting with the sound of water. I wanted the record to be hopeful in a smashed kind of way. Like a drunk kid. A happy throat full of mud."

—Bård Torgersen

The cover art for the album was created by Stener Vaagland.